Welcome to my blog. This is my first post. Currently, I am in Fort Collins , Colorado where I have rented a furnished apartment for a month. FC is at the top of our list of cities to retire to and I am here to see what the city is like in the winter. This morning it was 32 degrees and the high today is supposed to be 64 – not bad, eh? Never mind that two weeks ago it was below zero!
My primary purpose in being here for a month is research to determine if this city is the best location for my husband and I to retire to. Are there plenty of activities to keep us busy? Is there public transportation in case we can’t drive or don’t want to? Is it a walkable community? Is there good healthcare? Is it safe? Is it affordable? I hope to answer all of these questions and more during my stay. In answering these questions, I’ll write about the research process, so anyone can use my advice to do their own research. Whether you relocate to a new city for retirement or stay in your current location, where you live as you age matters and it’s worth investigating long before you retire.
No comments:
Post a Comment